Kalparrin’s In-Hospital Support Program assists parents and carers of children who are in-patients or out-patients at the Perth Children’s Hospital.
Our Family Support Officers can assist you at the point of diagnosis (when your world may feel like it’s upside down) during an expected or emergency hospital admission as well during routine hospital appointments. We can provide:
- Ward visits to check how things are going, provide a listening ear together with information and resources to help you navigate the system
- Free care packs of toiletries for families who are emergency admissions or unable to leave their child’s bedside
- Warmth and understanding in the Family Resource Centre where you’ll find comfortable seating, nursing and change facilities, kitchenette with free tea and coffee, children’s toys and books
- Next Steps session, with connection to the services and supports your family needs
- Free massage or reflexology sessions for parents of in-patients with qualified, remedial massage volunteers
- Connection to other families with a similar diagnoses to share information and experiences.