Kalparrin operates Western Australia’s largest, member-only, online Peer Support Network.
Connect with others in a private and non-judgemental space to share knowledge and experiences, ask questions, seek advice and build resilience as a parent of a child with additional needs.
- Kalparrin Families provides an invaluable information hub for Kalparrin parents and carers to connect with other members to share their knowledge, insight, information and experiences in relation to parenting a child with disabilities. It provides a private and non-judgemental forum in which to ask questions, seek advice and recommendations, discuss coping strategies or simply to catch up.
- Kalparrin Families High Medical Needs is for members who have children who require high medicalised care, 24 hours a day. Members are able to support each other through shared knowledge and experiences, ask specialised or diagnosis-specific questions, provide a sounding board for one another as well as emotional support to better cope with developments and transitions.
- Kalparrin Families Genetic, Rare and Undiagnosed Conditions is a space for parents and carers to share information, support and resources on raising a child who has a genetic, rare, or undiagnosed condition.
- Kalparrin Sell, Buy, Donate is a group for Kalparrin members to buy, sell, donate or exchange household items, clothing and disability aids and equipment with other Kalparrin members.
- Friends of Kalparrin Families is a group for service providers to discuss or promote disability-related issues, products and services of interest to families raising children with disability and/or additional needs.
To access Kalparrin’s Peer Support Network, become a member – it’s FREE. Then go to Facebook and search for one of the closed groups above and request to join.