The Young Carer Bursary Program supports young carers looking to continue their education in 2021.
There are 1,000 bursaries available to young carers of $3,000 each and applications can be submitted anytime from now until early September 2020.
To apply you must be a young carer:
- aged 12 – 25 years old for the entire time you’re receiving the bursary
- studying at high school level or beyond, up to and including your first undergraduate degree*
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- not receiving another scholarship
*Undergraduate degrees include: advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees.
The course you study must be provided by a Recognised Training Organisation (RTO). This includes:
- high school
- TAFE courses
- school based apprenticeships
- home schooling endorsed by an educational authority
- undergraduate degrees*
* This program considers advanced diplomas, bachelor degrees, bachelor degree with honours and associate degrees as equal undergraduate level qualifications.
For further information and/or to apply, check out the Young Carer Bursary website page.
Good luck !!