If you find yourself at the Perth Children’ Hospital, either as an out-patient attending a routine appointment with your child, or as an unexpected or emergency admission, Kalparrin’s In-Hospital Support program may be of value.
Our Family Support team can provide:
- Ward visits to check how things are going, provide a listening ear together with information and resources to help you navigate the system
- Free care packs of toiletries for families who are emergency admissions or unable to leave their child’s bedside
- Warmth and understanding in the Kalparrin Lounge where you’ll find comfortable seating, nursing and change facilities, kitchenette with free tea and coffee, children’s toys and books
- Next Steps session, with connection to the services and supports your family needs
- Free massage or reflexology session with a qualified, remedial massage therapist, (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Connection to other families at the hospital or with children of similar diagnoses to share information and experiences
For more information, contact one of our friendly Family Support Officers on (08) 6456 0035 or 0451 648 761, Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 4.30pm.